Friday, January 23, 2009

Too too cute!

I have to share this...I know some of you crack me up, but what better than a mom who shares a funny thier kids shared with them...

go over and check out 'Time Of Your Life', and come back and tell me something funny your kid said...

I need some more laughs after I get back from the funeral today of my employee's sons funeral...

My Funny-

We used to drive past this seedy block of town when my kids were about 5 and 6...we would briefly pass a strip club...with a huge sign out front that said 'Free Buffet, Salad Bar,....'...One day the kids were a little hungry and we got caught at the light right in front of the club, and my son Aaron says "Mom why have we not eaten at that place over there" (the strip club), I looked over and said "Umm, well because it has food we do not eat, and it cost way too much money".

A week or so later we get stuck at that light again, and Aaron says "Mom you lied to me, that is not a restaurant, that is a place were women take their clothes off for money". Shocked I turn around and said "Who told you that"? He told me that when my friend picked them up one day to take them out to lunch they had driven by and he asked her if they could eat there for lunch, and she laughed and told him what it really was. I could not get upset at my friend, she did not know, and she was telling him the whole truth, not the half truth I said. They did serve an all you can eat buffet, but I was not ready for him to learn so soon about the other kinds of buffet.

Have a funny day!

4 comments:

Debra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debra said...

OMG! Too funny! Here is my funny.

Cordell and I were driving down the road and he was about 7 years old I guess. We drove past an area where a skunk had been run over, so we could smell the skunk funk. I said "boy does that skunk sure does stink." Cordell says "I think he has diarreah!" What made it so funny was that he was dead SERIOUS! I laughed so hard, I had tears in my eyes!

Rachel Cotterill said...

A strip club with an all-you-can-eat buffet? I bet some guys never leave that building!!

Jeanne Estridge said...

When Kylie was around 3, Grandpa picked her up from daycare one day.

"Where's my mommy?" she asked.

"Mommy had to go to the doctor," replied Granpa.

"What did the doctor say?" she asked, very seriously.

Grandpa said, "I haven't talked to her, honey. I don't know what the doctor said."

And Kylie said, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"

(Cause "Mama called the doctor/and the doctor said/No more monkeys/Jumping on the bed.")