Saturday, January 10, 2009

Did my husband come home last night?

Well he called me again and said the project he had to help get ready to ship out on Monday was taking longer than originally thought...so maybe he would come home by midnight I thought...

I had already walked in the door from my clients with a handful of Hoecakes, curried greens, and decided I was not through cooking before I knew his plans...I had gotten out pasta, Paccheri, and made two kinds of sauce, his way or my way, and that is how it goes...ask Buff...but the secret plan was not to have to cook Saturday, and maybe talk him into eating out...

In between web surfing, blog surfing, and running back down stairs to check on the sauce...I opened a bottle of chardonnay...had a glass, but then felt like I really was not in the mood...*halt* me not in the mood for wine? hmmmmm

Pasta was done, plated it up, took pics of all the food...turned the TV on...and then at eleven I laid down on the couch and fell asleep! What is my world coming to? I was right about not feeling well...kind of tired out I suppose...woke up at three AM like I have been doing for the past week...I saw hubby's brief case, and jacket...but too tired to put my glasses on...I wake up in the morning, and stumble around...it is quiet...maybe he is in the office...maybe he is down stairs eating his morning ritual cereal and rice milk?

No...no where to be found..."Sweetie...sweetie...swe...", well I be darned a note...'Gone to work', and he might be home by four o'clock in the afternoon.

Should I be happy? I can get on here and surf all I want...no just one today, and post my food tonight...I will be good and he will not even know it!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate those days.

I like to actually speak to the husband (but then he is my only adult contact some days so it a little bit different).

Have a great rest of the weekend.

Wunderwoman said...

Girl, you are a Hoot!! Oh man, I love this blogging.

Party starts in a little while, going to my Sis's house to make sliders.

I will be here in June singing for your Birthday, find the best pair of earplugs you can, it aint gonna be pretty LOL

Debra said...

Thank goodness he left a note! It certainly would be cause for concern had you not had a note. You have a very stealthy hubby!

Angel said...

I kinda LIKE days like that!!! I really like having the house to myself...

buffalodick said...

Spoken like a true wife.. I have been blamed for everything... Some of these damn blogs are bunch of women whining "Why doesn't my husband care?- HE DOES!HE'S JUST A GUY FOR CHRISSSAKES.. Write a dang country song... he just doesn't see it the way you do! That ought to get things goin' :)

Chef E said...

But Buff I was looking forward to our movie night and snuggles...darn those jobs...kidding I agree totally with Beth...I like having a few days to myself...but it is also empty nest syndrome his me bad this past holiday!

Debra said...

Buff - can I call you Buff or Dick? (I so crack myself up.)Just kidding, of course. I think your post was much too funny for anyone to get their panties in a wad! LOL! You are too funny!