Sunday, January 18, 2009

FIESTA of (Bathroom) Happiness

I am posting this early, because I have not been feeling well and am very sure I have to have a minor surgery as soon as possible due to pain getting more severe today, so I will be back on board soon...

Someone gave me this little book for my 42 birthday, and it has become a 'toilet' book. This little handful of reading is really nice to cheer up those potty blues...

Be True To Yourself

In authenticity there is truth
so it should become obvious...
that to be ourselves,
we should strive to be true to ourselves.
These days-
peer pressures, high-flying careers,
advertising, marketing, fashion, and spin-
we seem oddly compelled
to be anything but true
Anything but ourselves!
we struggle to fit into the latest styles,
we work too hard,
we decorate and redecorate
guided by half-hour television design gurus,
and seek out perfect partners

In truth, few of us
are near to being true to ourselves...

For there is truth in authenticity...

The other book I have sitting next to this in my little rolled wash cloth basket is one that my sweetie gave to me...a picture book of famous kisses...just in case we feel the need to have our bottoms adorned with kisses after we finish up the business in the 'powder room', and it is all up to my guest imagination...Just know that when guest enter my domain they are filled with good food, wine, and witty conversation, but I also add that special 'little book' treatment in others areas as well...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You have me concerned....what's wrong?? What are you having surgery for?

I have stomach aches 4 to 10 times a day no kidding. I know the pain and sometimes I have bring things in to read lol

Chef E said...

Gall bladder, and it has been bad all week and now today it has gotten pretty painful and I cannot eat...

Debra said...

Oh my goodness! You will have the lathroscope surgery, right? The good thing about that is that it is much easier than it used to be. Let us know asap how you are doing. More importantly take care of yourself!


xoxoxo

Just telling it like it is said...

So true...
and I am being true to myself this year..
Thanks for keeping it real!!
surgery? Where and what is painful..you know I have to know!!
I hope your okay sending hugs

Just telling it like it is said...

Gall bladder I see...Ohh I hope you feel better I know that is really painful!!

Wunderwoman said...

Take care of yourself!! We'll be here waiting to hear you're ok...

Photonuts said...

You are just silly and more silly!