Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today is not just Inaguration Day, but another happy moment for me!


Today this cutie who's is named partially after my father is starting his first day of college! We talked last night and I actually (oh really) started crying, and he told me he was excited, and a little nervous. He is the second 'Akin' after me in my family history to attend college, and hopefully graduate with a bachelor degree.

My son also shared that he had meet a girl, and invited her to dinner, but she brought a friend who...flirted with him, and he felt odd with the whole situation. I told him that if he went with both of them, then he would have neither, and that he needed to be careful. We all now the wrath of women scorned right! He said that he talked to the original girl and that she was seeing someone, and her friend wanted to go out with him. Whats up with that? None of my friends ever passed off a guy to me... He said that he decided not to go out with the friend because she was just not interesting enough to him, but the original girl called him just before we talked and said that she admired him, and she kind of wished she was available, because the guy she is going out with is just not like my baby...ambitious and a hard worker...this mom just smiled...although believe me I am not dumb, he is a guy and has not been an angel!

I try and get him to come on here and blog like a journal, but instead he made a comment on myspace.com after we talked last night. He was defending his unclean apartment when I went for a visit, and also shared this...

"yeah mom you totally explain alot about your trip here ha ha. again sorry about the mess when you arrived the mr.clean bottle was almost gone ha ha.
well tomorrow is my first day of college, im not scared im excited!!!!!! call you later tomorrow love you!

your son that will make you proud,
aaron glen dillion"


Besides the fact that he lives 500 feet from a K-Mart, I will cut him a break, and it gave me something to do!

Today I celebrate more than our new president, and how our country is going to change for the good, but my own life is taking the turns I have been hoping for...

10 comments:

Just telling it like it is said...

Awe...
How cute and handsome is he...
and what a heart!! OMGosh
I think I almost cried!!
My son will be 14 in may and I think Oh No!!!

Debra said...

I love the baby pic! And he is a handsome guy! You should be proud!

Chef E said...

Funny while in his English class he text me "mom if I were an animal what do you think I would be"...I text back, "An Eagle, because you soar when your happy, and you like to see all things around you...and ambition is an Eagle trait".

Angel said...

oh gawd...he is too cute. and a sense of humor too...no wonder girl #1 is sorry she's not free!

esk said...

A tender blog post. Many congrats! Your son's baby picture was just adorable!

Chef E said...

I took care of him, but I did not worry about the mess he always made, he cleaned it up eventually...that was his birthday cake we let him just go for it!

He still attacks like that way today!

3 Magpies said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! for college!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on college.

I can't imagine my baby leaving for college, but I'm sure that day will come long before I'm ready.

Good luck (and I think it's totally normal to cry).

Chef E said...

Talk to him last night, he said he loved it, and are you kidding, I cry at the drop of a hat since Ane passed and menopause, LOL

Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful son! I'm sure you are proud of him! I have 3 sons, 2 are married and 1 at home. I also have 2 married daughters and I'm a proud Mom and love them all!!! Enjoy!