Thursday, January 29, 2009

Smudging & Sage


I believe in cleaning out the skeletons from our closet, and that also refers to 'other' cleansing I previously talked about starting now...

I clean house once a week, am cleaning out my bad eating habits, and also use this sage bundle to clean out the bad spirits that lurk in the shadows...sometimes I want to walk the neighborhood and freak everyone out by waving this about, but I will not even go there...

There is this woman who lives in the neighborhood I call the 'Yard Nazi'...she thinks if she is outside cleaning up the weeds, leaves, and planting, planting, planting...then we all should be, so when I see her outside...I make a mad dash to my door, or to the car and make my get away...I pay fees to have landscape people do that stuff, and the last time I planted mums, and marigolds I got yelled at because the 'Yard Nazi' sprayed it all with miracle grow and now every year they grow back three feet tall and all fell over on my sidewalk...mind you the little pat on the hand I got was not as bad as the looks I got from other neighbors...

I hate drama...and now will smudge it right out of my space...

10 comments:

Rachel Cotterill said...

That must smell gorgeous. Apparently sage cigarettes are good for asthma, it's tempting to try it (partly just because it'd be funny to say 'oh yes, I took up smoking to help my breathing difficulties')

Chef E said...

I always loved fireplaces burning and smoking foods, so I do love the smell, and I have asthma, but this does not bother me at all...

Photonuts said...

Should I call the fire house? girl what are you really smoking :)

HoodChick said...

LOL, that is the good thing about living in such a shit hole. My yard looks at better than at least half of my neighbors, even when I'm at my laziest.

Just telling it like it is said...

Now the yard Nazi cracks me up...
I'm telling you know life...
Anywho you need to burn some sage for me cause I got the eating down, the going to school down, and even the mom things down but I don't have the boy thing down...
Sage on girlfriend cause I need ya!!! You happen to be one of my favorite and please tell me when you are in Dallas again with sister and I will make a trip there (home these days phx other days) to have some funnnnn...
Your my girl Nazi neighbor and all!!!

Unknown said...

*snorts* yard nazi? lol. I personally love planting and yard work...its how I spent my youth..outdoors that is. But being as busy as you are I can understand why you hire someone. Makes me want to pick a whole bunch of dandelions and blow the seeds in her yards. Dandelions were my favorite flower growing up..I didn't know they were a weed for the longest time.

Chef E said...

Hey, our landlord pays really, we rent, and I have to eat those silly things now with the tummy issues *snort* back at ya!

Girl Rants said...

yep mini sage smudes are a staple for me.
good ish.

Just telling it like it is said...

You guys are cute I love that kind of teasing....

Anonymous said...

I'm having flash backs to my youth (I grew up in the hippie part of northern CA).

I hope all the cleansing is going well.