Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thinking Thursday

I have decided, well with your permission, lol, yeah you know me "Does what she wants, when and where she thinks it will get the most attention or shock someone"...I saw this writing prompt on another website...they have it as sort of a game, but I am doing it as a writing assignment.

One of my Behind The Wheel Chef followers remembered I was a teacher (first time in college), and home schooled my children, especially my son who is loving his college course (whewww), and I always want to encourge writing down personal feelings, or imaginative accounts that pop into our heads; it can stimulate ideas that later down the road affect our lives in a positive way, or just gives us a good ole laugh! Laughter is good for the soul...

Here is what we are going to do, and I hope I get some participation out of you guys!

1.) Tell us about a memorable blind date.
Mine only one was in high school, sophmore year...my best friend wanted to go out with this big cowboy who looked like he could take down a whole football team and drove this enormous pick'em up truck...when they drove up my mom got upset, why, because they both came in separate trucks (the guys), but she let me go. We went to a drive in theater to see what else "Up In Smoke", and I told my mom we saw something else. Well my date was cute, but he had a broken arm. He asked me if I wanted to drive his 'prize' truck and I felt so privileged, but really what he had planned was to lay in my lap and try some moves on me...I stopped the truck, got out and asked him to take me home. He told his friend later that I was a prude, but I told them that really we 'did' do something and that he sucked, so his friend gave him a hard time, and he called my house drunk one night and my mom told him to learn some good moves, or he might not get another date with anyone.

2.) Other than the birth of a child or your wedding, write about a joyous moment.
I would have to say Jan 20th, 2009 was so far my most joyious moment- till his wedding day and I get a grandchild, lol

3.) Write about one of the most difficult decisions you have made in your life.

I would have to say it was when I admitted my business manager was right about my focus on my cooking company becoming a larger entity, and that my heart was into writing my book, and a career in writing and my performance arts work; so I finally found and editor I could work with and am working on perfecting my novel.

4.) Share the best picture you took last month and explain why it's your favorite.

This is motivating my losing weight...





There you have it, questions and my answers, so now it is your turn!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this on another blog. Definitely a good prompt.

I still can't believe you keep so many blogs. I can barely keep up with one.

Anonymous said...

Well, I haven't been on any blind dates so I'll skip that one.

My most joyous moment watching the sunrise on the Carribean island of Mustique. The time didn't seem to exist and I didn't have to worry about anything at all.

My most difficult decision was not to have any more children other than my one daughter. The decision was partially made for me due to my many many risks and complications but I had to make peace with this decision and it took a while.

Chef E - I have no idea how to upload a picture on a comment. I have a picture that I didn't take but can share.

Also, just wanted to let you know I looked at all your poetry/writing blogs and they are beautiful. I will show them to Hannah this weekend.

Debra said...

Girl- the blind date really cracked me up! Good for you! The little jerk got what he deserved! I will definitely be reposting this on my blog!