Thursday, January 8, 2009

Scatergories Throwdown!!!

You probably came over to see if I was going to admit to brain explosion from all my blogs and work overload, and it may seem like I might be a bit of an air head- college three times to prove otherwise :)

This is a game that Debra posted, then Alexis AKA Mom caught the bug...and now so did I...

You use the first letter of your first name to answer each question...tag someone else has to do it now...pass it on people...it is all about having fun in life!

(and we get more traffic to our blogs, hint hint!)


1. What is your name? Elizabeth
2. A four-letter word? Easy (cooking and writing are aren't they?)
3. A boy 's name? Evil (he does have a son that is Evil Knievel, Jr right?
4. A girl's name? Erin (that was not that hard/female version of my son's)
5. Occupation? Embalmers (just to freak you out, if my geek-ness did not)
6. Color? Ecru & Empa (I have provided proof below!)
7. Something you wear? Espadrille (I just dated myself)
8. Beverage? Edelweiss (a bar drink...below doubters)
9. Food ? Eel (I had to list something icky)
10.Something used in a bathroom? Etagere (picture below)


Chef E Geek Section:

Ecru- describes the shade greyish-pale yellow or a light greyish-yellowish brown. It is often used to describe such fabrics as silk and linen in their unbleached state. Ecru comes from the French word écru, which means literally 'raw' or 'unbleached'.

In the 1930s and before, ecru was considered to be the same colour as the colour beige (a synonym or alias for beige), but since the 1950s ecru and beige have been regarded as two different colors.

Empa- a yellow beige

I just happen to like earthy colors!

Edelweiss- A cocktail

Ingredients:
1 1/4 oz. Oval Vodka
1/4 oz. Apricot Brandy
1 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
1 oz. Simple Syrup
1/4 oz. Lemon Lime Soda
1 dash bitters

Instructions: Pour ingredietns into a chilled mixing glass. Stir ingredients and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a white rose petal.

Etagere- open cabinet used for display or storage unit



WARNING: This website is just for fun, so watch out it is contagious...

10 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

I seem to spend a lot of time offering corrections...sorry about that I am a stickler for facts...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89tag%C3%A8re

an etagere is an open shelf, not so much a hutch, that is often corner shaped but doesnt have to be.. the word 'etagere' in french literally means 'shelf'

http://images.google.com/images?q=Etagere&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Girl Rants said...

im not good with rules so im posting mine here.

1. What is your name? dari
2. A four-letter word? dude. HA
3. A boy 's name? devon. i took pics of a devon yesterday
4. A girl's name? denise. cause i know one and she rocks steady
5. Occupation? designer.
6. Color? deep shade of pink. lol
7. Something you wear? dreams. yep i wear mine on my sleeve
8. Beverage? diet soda. blech.
9. Food ? deli hero. yum
10.Something used in a bathroom?
dish towel. hahah. umm. yeah

Girl Rants said...

p.s.

holy crap you have depeche mode on your page. thats awesome.

Anonymous said...

Excellent.

I like it (and I have no corrections - it's Friday after all).

(Oh - and long live jello shots)

esk said...

Well I learned some new interesting facts today from this post!

Debra said...

Stickler pickler.....there are shelves in the "hutch", so I think you used the word correctly. E, you did good! A round of jello shots on me! P.S. thanks for playing!

Unknown said...

Definitions of 'jackass' (jăḱăś)
The American Heritage® Dictionary- (2 definitions)

(noun)
A male ass or donkey.
A foolish or stupid person; a blockhead: “You've acted like an irrational jackass and it's time you stopped” (Margaret Truman)

Enough said on that I think. I'll take your jello shots and raise you a German Chocolate Martini!

I want to do Scattergories too!
1. What is your names? Christine
2. A four letter word? Crap
3. A boys name? Chuck
4. A girls name? Cleopatra
5. Occupation? Calligrapher
6. Color? Cerulean
7. Something you wear? Cravat
8. Beverage? Cherry Coke
9. Food? Carrot Cake Cupcakes (triple points for that one lol)
10. Something you use in the bathroom? Cup

YAY! That was fun!

Debra said...

Good job all around Christine!

Photonuts said...

1. What is your name? Donna Kay
2. A four-letter word? dawn
3. A boy 's name? Daryl
4. A girl's name? Denise
5. Occupation? developement
6. Color? dark red, well
7. Something you wear? drama clothes, well
8. Beverage? dr pepper
9. Food ? doughnuts, even though I do not eat them :)
10.Something used in a bathroom?
dummy who leaves the lid up, ok I am being silly now

esk said...

I'm E, too...you got all the good E anwswers! LOL