Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Chocolate, Wine & Friendships


This is my contribution to Mistress of Cakes...Cup Cake Challenge...she was going to put me in the blog corner, if I did not comply :(

Did you know that if women ate 3 ounce of chocolate per day we would walk around happy campers more often? Sinful, but 99% of all women love chocolate and that they may actually prefer chocolate more to than to sex? (Partners/Spouses...just make a chocolate trail to the bed room!)Reports show that there are health benefits to eating 2-3 oz of chocolate and a glass of red wine each day...

The sweetness from chocolate triggers the release of endorphins. Think about those blissful feeling you had after a wonderful session of lovemaking. That is the effect from the production of endorphins in your body. Perhaps that is why some women actually remarked that they felt a feeling of elation when eating chocolate.

Well, I have had some long days, and Tuesday is always one of the most stressful in my schedule. You already know I am a chef, well I moderate a group of Open Mic Artists that range from poets, writers, and acoustic musicians every other Tuesday in two different locations...feels like another job, but it is suppose to give me an outlet for my desires to stand up and read my work, sing a song I wrote or just be a comedian...like my father said, do not quit the day job, cause it won't pay the bills, but it does help...but then when last night was over...I was stressed from some issues with an 'un-named' person who just drives me crazy...so, I leave there, go to grocery store (weekly habit), and then decided to ease my whoas and make some 'Chocolate Plantain Cup Cakes'...I ate three of them with a glass of wine...or two...ahhhhh, feeling better already!

or find a friend on the blog, and she will reward you with this for cracking her up! Alexis @ Running Away? I'll Help You Pack is so nice... and I appreciate your following my rambles!



Go ahead and grab your chocolate fix when you have had a rough day, along with a glass of wine, and sit down at the computer and blog all you want...tell the family Chef E said it was good for you...and if Mama ain't happy...then no one is!...

8 comments:

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I see where the wine came in, on the side and it counts ... LOL. They sound very yummy!

esk said...

Ode to chocolate, wine, and friends! Great post and oh so true...

Photonuts said...

I will quote your toast sis 'Ode to chocolate, a night of wine, and to the ones we love that share it'...did I say it right, well we all know what you mean!

Debra said...

Those look so yummy! I wish I had one. So your hubby was driving you crazy, eh??? LOL. Glad you got to set off some endorphines! I hear wine is good for cramps. Maybe I will have some tonight. Woke up at 3 am with cramps. ugh!!!

Unknown said...

Now you have to join Iron Cupcake..no excuses..I even took you off of the Standing in the Corner List. I will tell you how if you want to join Reeni and I. Alexis however is still standing in the corner!

HoodChick said...

Chocolate, how do I love thee. I'm supposed to be on a diet so got "in trouble" for having some m&m's tonight because I can't go a day without a fix. Now I'm drooling over a cupcake. Now I can just tell him I'm not weak, I'm just cheering myself up!

Unknown said...

ok...go on my blog now..boy you are pushy lol

much love
The Mistress of Cakes

Just telling it like it is said...

Absolutely...Why is it that red wine and chocolate are good for us most people ask...
Dark foods IE Brown and Red have photochemical in them that keep them safe from the sun.Research has shown us that these chemicals transfer to us when we consume them in there most natural state. Red wine for instance has no heat involved making therefor not only do we benefit from the dark colors(anti-aging properties) but we then also benefit from the enzymes that are in the grapes. Dark chocolate has same properties except it has no alcohol...
Now what about dark chocolate red wine...wouldn't that be plended...
I have to remind my roommates thatI am drinking the wine daily for my health..sheesh give the girl a break right?