Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Hairy Truth
















Chris @ An Instand Out Of Time, who has a smoking bomb blog, and a photography blog has taught me something new! How to lasso some color, and take the rest to a black and white scale. You would think I know how to lasso, since I grew up in the land of Texas Longhorns, and wild hares on the open range. No, I skipped class that day...



















This is for Cheryl, and all my Texan friends who have not seen my hair so short! Yes, I cut it off again, and have never looked back. I actually have to go visit RC again in White House Station; which reminds me, no re-launch party was ever held Girlichef! We think the place was too much, and it will be on they say in a few months, or next season...which ever comes first!















My hair was a beautiful shade of auburn growing up, and down my back. After grey started showing up I gave it a little kick with the help of Matrix So-Color, but now this could be pretty close to what it looks like when I have to color it monthly...





















I had a good laugh yesterday as I went to a wine dinner down south and decided to show up with a fake nose ring...hubby did not even notice until I hit the sun, and it glistened. The minute the perspiration hit my face from walking around Bordentown, it fell off, and I kept putting it back on! Oh, and can you say 'trim those eyebrows'. Now I look like that eye doctor, Dr. Grafton, I used to make fun of! Karma...














I like photo shop...you can remove those unwanted double chins. Wish I could remove this darn sprained ankle I woke up in pain with today...

7 comments:

Heather S-G said...

:( boo...that's no fun! Sorry, I got you all pumped up and then nada. Cute hair, btw :)

Just telling it like it is said...

I'm kinda liking it!

Jeanne Estridge said...

Love the color! (and the black and white).

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Love the hair, us short cut girls :).

Super cute my dear and love the fake nose diamond ... LOL

Wunderwoman said...

Nice hair. and I like the nose bling.

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

I still don't see what happened to your leg!! How did you do it?
I love, love, love your hair!! Very becoming. I sometimes wish that I could cut all of my hair off but it's just so curly that it is more work when it's short. I can't be bothered with it, lol. If mine would look as cute as yours I'd do it in a second!!
The nose ring is a nice touch dear heart. You made me laugh outloud with the nose ring :)

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Chris said...

Ha ha, you are going to have so much fun playing with that technique!

Another thing you can do with the select/select inverse is make everything except your subject slightly blurred, as if you used a shallow depth of field.