Sunday, May 3, 2009

All My Ex's Live in Texas...

















...they are running with their 'Willies' between their tales...and all my friends are waitin' for me to come home with open arms of love!

It is hard living in a new place. I have made some good friends, but we always miss what we left behind. My childhood friend Cheryl keeps asking me for a photo of my house...Is this what you want my prissy girl friend? BTW, you can always buy a plane ticket and come up for a visit!

'Prissy' is another subject... All my friends, old and new, are dress up dolls to the max, and beautiful inside and out; that includes Ms. Donna Kay, my traveling buddy and sister to boot!

Yeah I am going home for a visit in June, so girl (Donna) get that new hot sports car loaded and ready to burn some rubber...
















I shared with Cheryl a few years back, that I wanted so bad to fit in with her and the 'pretty' popular crowd as we grew up, but she informed me..."honey you were pretty, a bit of a tomboy, and I am sorry, but you were more of a geek than you realized". We laughed, because I knew it was so true, but at least she and the others from school still think of me as one of the new 'In' grown up crowd!

Yep this is our thirty year high school reunion coming up, and even though I graduated a year early, I am excited to go down and see them all...Man, time fly's by too damn fast!
















Every year for a week it rains pink on my front lawn and walkway, so, Hey Texans out there, enjoy my 'pink' message (a bit rainy, and mucky outside today)! This also shows I support Breast Cancer Awareness and Research in a new and cool way!

Pssst! Cheryl I hope you did not mean the inside of my house? I would have to drag out the video camera, and learn a new program for that one!
















Pink also brings memories of Anelisa, my daughter who loved it like no tomorrow, so I planted this when we moved in for her!

11 comments:

Jeanne Estridge said...

Pretty place -- and the pink snow is gorgeous!

Debra said...

LOVE the message in pink! And how awesome of you to plant that in honor of your daughter!

xoxoxoxo

Thatkewlgirl said...

YAY! I remembered my log in and password (sucks to forget!) and found you AGAIN! Lots of catch up reading I see! I could not figure out what site your blog was on, or that I had one here too!

Spring is here! I noticed the pink snow too :D

Chris said...

I refuse to go to reunions because
a) I didn't fit in then
b) I didn't like 99% of them then
and
c) I can't possibly be that old!

:)

Heather S-G said...

...that's why I hang my hat in Tennessee...

Lovely house E...the pink flowers are so pretty :)

Chef E said...

I almost posted the words, but I decided to do a re-write...that would work though girlie!

...that's why I hang my hat in New Jersey...

I miss you Kewl girl, I need to come see you...I have neglected your side of the blog shpere!

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

You always make me smile when I drop in for a lil visit Elizabeth. I love the message is the flower's. A reunion....sounds like a blast. I's participating in a wellness fair on the 16th and so wish you could just run on over to help me (I'm soooo serious........I'm slammed the day before so this could be very interesting, lol).
Do you think that you could help promote "Friday Shoot-Out"s with me tomorrow? I think gigi @ afterthoughts is going to and I am hoping to lure in newbies for our gang (do you see me throwing signs and wearing colors while I'm typing this?????).
Hit me up at my place so's I don't miss your answer.
You're lovely :)

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Girl Rants said...

sometimes we live in two different places.

love the pink

Chef E said...

Chris- Actually I never 'go' to the reunions, since the neighborhood girls and I are still friends...I could not wait to get out of school and move on in life...

Reggie- Your on!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Loving all the pink, so pretty!!

Chef E said...

Thanks girls, as I was not the normal 'I puke pink' child, lol, but Ane loved it...I just found out that Cheryl hates orange...to freaking bad girlfriend...I will make sure I pack lots of it just for you!

Donna is a purple girl...priss!