Friday, March 27, 2009

Peeps & Tattoo's















Those two girls to the right of me are my 'Peeps', Gen @ Gensblogidddyblog, and Intern-Ang (my private culinary student). Guys call us 'chicks', so I say 'peeps'.

Who started that whole thing of BFF? I want to know (someone tell me please)...Paris Hilton? I just think it is funny when I hear BFF, when I think of how we used to say FB at one time... I was in a coversation with my new BFF, Dennis, and we were trying figure it out...life will go on though if I do not know, as I sit here and laugh...

Now here is some serious TMI...

Last night hubby and I went to a wine tasting with our AWS group (American Wine Association) over in Monroe, NJ. We were the first to arrive and I will say if you go over to my 'Behind The Wheel Post' you will read about my Indian Market Tour with the New Jersey Blogs. I was tired due to being up late two nights in a row doing my prep for teaching next week, and for the market tour. I still can talk a mile a minute and seem like I downed three cups of coffee, but then wanted to collapse once I got home. Nope, it did not happen!

Back to the party (see what I mean, off track already)... People start to arrive. The first three couples through the door are people who we know, and they are all great. Friendly all of them, but then...who comes through the door? Yikes, it is a woman who asked me to cater once, and I had to tell her no; I had a funny gut feeling about the whole thing, and went with it.

Well, she made no eye contact at all, and believe me when I say I am very friendly, and was not totally uncomfortable, but maybe it was a bit akward. I would have easily said I hope we can still be friendly, since we run in the same circles. She was however not going to let it go, and it was obvious. I would enter the room, she left. Her husband however was friendly, and had not problem with me. We kept up with the 'upscale' conversation of travel, wine, and good food to boot. That is until I felt POO hit the fan...

Suddenly the night was coming to an end for me. Tired and about to fall off the chair I was! I was sipping the wine, and they give small one ounce pours, but it was beyond my ability to keep up for once. Then the conversation steered towards small children getting ears pierced and then to 'Tramp Stamps' on the part of the woman I have been referring to. The other people, minus three or so did not, made comments about how they did not understand why people did it. I sat and listened. I also decided to stand up and say "Well Robert and I have to go now, because I am just too tired", but Robert stopped me and said we have to pay for our wine. I followed the host into the kitchen, as she was getting a gluten dessert ready, that I would not have been able to eat, since I am now a gluten free eater...

Once in the kitchen I ask for our total, and told her 'I have a tattoo'. Some of the other women heard me and said "Oh really"? So, that is when I went back into the living room and said to the group, including 'woman who started it and avoids me...I said "Well everyone I have a tramp stamp, and I am ready to go home". One of the guys in the corner stood up and said "Someone else here has a tattoo also". He and I laughed. One of the other women in front of her husband said she wanted one, but hubby wouldn't have it. I said mine told me to get my next boyfriends name if I did it, but he loved me enough to marry me anyway! You could have cut through the room with a butter knife... I guess what this boils down to is I felt it went on too long...

All I have to say is when Robert and I left is that I told him what a snoot that woman was and I was glad I told her 'NO'. He said he liked my 'Tramp Stamp', and was going to say something, but I beat him to the punch. I hope the other people realize what they were doing talking about something, and not realizing that they might be offending someone without knowing it. I had to speak up.

I am proud to say that I am a regular girl who loves life, and does not care if you decide to tattoo your entire body, if that is what you want. More power to you baby!

Okay now that I have let this go, I am watching this go down the crapper as I speak *swoosh*...

9 comments:

Rachel Cotterill said...

I would never be brave enough to get a tattoo! I hate needles. Someone who can sit & have their skin jabbed repeatedly like that is the last sort of person you'd want to pick a fight with, I'd think! :)

Gen said...

I say who cares what others think? It only matters what you think. Let your freak flag fly baby! tattoo and all!!

Chef E said...

I know you are right Gen, but I am using this as an example for the 'Dump It' post...the last chapter we did last week! xoxo

Rachel Cotterill said...

Even ten minutes is too much for me, I'm a total wimp - I'll stick to henna :D I'm glad you stuck up for yourself, maybe they'll be less thoughtless next time.

Anonymous said...

I love how you ended it with down the crapper. It's true though. People have to be so careful about what they say. There's someone who has done everything and you just never know if it's someone with you or not. If you have to wonder at all, it probably shouldn't be said, period.

Debra said...

I love what you did....going into the room and announcing it! Too damn funny. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I still think the lower back is a great place to get a tattoo - if I was going to get one that is where I would do it.

Glad you stood up for yourself.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Oh these people are just nuts! I have two one that looks like a charm braclet around one ankle and one that is a flower on the my other ankle. Now it's not the one on the back of the back that is usually the tramp stamp that people refer to but they are part of me. I've had them for over 10 years and it's a reminder of my youth, silly and stupid as I may have been it's me!

Sorry you had to deal with a turd of a person! Glad some could stand up and be pleasant!

Chef E said...

Mine is on my mid-back where they call it the 'tramp stamp' and there is a post of it on here somewhere...it is karma sutra...'The embrace', very sexy I might say! I did it as a henna first, then went for the read deal...