Monday, May 9, 2011

What I did on May 8th...


















Before and Day Of?

Absolutely nothing!!! as far as lifting my finger to cook, clean, or any kind of work...hubby treated me like a queen...

I did my rear off Saturday. Food and set-up prep. Appetizers Done. Prep. Cooked. Secondi Course Done, well Parsnip Soup and Local Spinach Salad with Strawberries and Spicy Walnuts. (Oh and they are all non-stop eating, drinking, and talking away!) Prep. Cooked. Entree, or final meal is done. They eat while I clean up. I had one of my Parmesan crusted soft shell crabs, and was delish! They bought pre-made desserts, so exiting was easy. Hubby and I spend the next two days between his step-mom and mom's house on Long Island. No photos of the crab. It was too busy for me. I also would put that up on my food blog, oh well. I did sip on a mint julep. Okay two, something I had never tried before! Different.

My Mother's Day was glorious. Aaron called from Korea, I got to ride in Mom Val's convertible...












hubby looks like a Star Wars creature in the back seat, wineries and music, maple walnut ice cream stop...












and just beautiful weather. Allergies? I put up with them. Mom Val liked this photo opportunity...











The book I am reading above is something I won from the contest Kells had in April, since it was national poetry month! Mom Val was excited, because she has the CD from Il Postino, which has famous individual's reading from his poetry...

Pablo Neruda
Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair

I highly recommend this book!

Sometimes a piece of sun
burned like a coin between my hands
...from 'We Have Even Lost'

3 comments:

Jeanne Estridge said...

Glad it was glorious!

Sounds like your pneumonia is a thing of the past and soon you're off to visit your friend.

Enjoy!

Chef E said...

Still wheezing, but minimal...a down comforter at his mom's got me last night...my friend Ginny sold her house, so I will not see her until I return from Texas if her health holds up, and her illness is not good...no if's ans or buts...thanks Jeanne...I wanted to text you, but will facebook you instead :)

Toon said...

Sounds like a perfect day -- very Chef E-ish!