Friday, May 6, 2011

Morning then comes...
















I am a little late with my Thursday Poem Share hosted by Jessie Carty, but I had a rough and busy week. There is a lot to do as I have an early Mother's Day gathering to cook for tomorrow. I am excited because the job is in NY, so I get a few days away from home. The menu is soft shell crab and a meat of my choice. I love this, and found the crabs for 4.50 each. A far stretch from the Virginian crabs here in Princeton go for 10 to 12 dollars each.

(I take the poems down, but thanks for all the suggestions...I will rework this one in a few weeks...and probably submit!)

9 comments:

Toon said...

I swear I heard windchimes as I read this.Cool!

P.S.
I'm going to start a side project at work that's probably going to be a blog about being creative and finding ideas. I could use your help!

Chef E said...

I would love to help you Toon!

Great, wind chimes let me know imagery worked, I also felt chills...but maybe its because I am cold today LOL

Debbie said...

I think you did a great job relaying the dream and the power did come across! :) It's hard to turn dreams into poems, but you did it beautifully. Somehow, cherubs fits! Thanks Elizabeth! I love reading your work!

Chef E said...

Thanks Debbie- I will be over to your site this weekend :)

Jessie Carty said...

I need some dreams to write from :) really like that last stanza. I worked on a piece of my mosaic novel today that was about dream interpretation

Jim K. said...

Dreamy..lush!
But no wasted words.
The stride broke a little
when I had to rewind and place
a comma or two.

farmlady said...

Beautiful, poignant.
Never let her go, Elizebeth... never stop dreaming.

keri said...

Love that. How come poetry has such a calming effect on me? Wish I had the brain to write it. How you doing girl? I'm on limited pc time this weekend and still trying to finger out wordpress. it's different alright.

I dream SO much, you would not believe it. Last night it felt like I had a 6 hour dream. I get up, go pee and go rite back to the same dream. it's amazing.

can't make it into a poem, much less remember half of it. amazing/

keri said...

MissyouE