Monday, May 16, 2011

Don't Rain On My Parade
























My church participated in one of the local Gay Pride Parades, and I walked most of the way. Since I began working out last June I have felt so much better. Sometimes I do not feel like the weight is slipping off as fast as I would like, but 46 pounds is a lot. I began working out four times a week recently and the skinny girl is popping through! My client Puneeta called me after seeing my photo on facebook to tell me she saw I have lost a lot of weight.

Okay this is not about m'E. It is about teaching our kids to love each other, acceptance, and equal rights for all. If you think about it, women, blacks, and others only have the right to vote. Our constitution only states women have the right to vote...what about our other rights? I know this is getting political, but I have always felt we all deserve the same treatment, and love everyone. Okay, well maybe there is one or two of you out there that have gotten on my bad side, and I would like to *@#k up the guy who robbed and raped me at gun point when I was 19, but I do still care about them....just sayin'...somehow we forgive don't we...

I apologize if my language is a bit rough today...

2 comments:

Toon said...

Tolerance and acceptance should be celebrated with a parade every day! I imagine that would wreak havoc on traffic, but oh well....

PS Congrats on the weight loss! Way to go!

keri said...

Yeah, you have to really watch your language with me, r i g h t!!! I'm the original potty mouth. so bad.

46 lbs BABY,,, you're friking awesome. I need to get my second wind and get another 12 or 15 off of me. Then and only then will I be able to sit down and not have my stomach in my lap.