Thursday, July 30, 2009

FSO- Outdoor Food

Make sure you go check out my 'Reflection' Post picked by Audrey, before you read this 'Outdoor Food' devised by the help of Girlichef...

Busy with family from May to August, work, school and classes starting up, well, I am squeaking by with these photos from my hubby's birthday party this past weekend. Man, was it all good...


















Basting the corn on the cob for the grill, along with some bourbon salmon, and orange duck legs...



















Cranking up the old fashioned ice cream maker for some...



















Exercise? Oh yeah, gotta make hubby work for his indulgences...




















Like a nice bowl of Honey Apple Cinnamon Custard/Ice Cream. This will melt quick so we eat it on the patio...




















How about some cookies to go with that sweet treat?


















...and then the next day when you get up, we will head out and dance it off; while sipping on some wine in the vineyard...

















As the Mambo band plays some tunes...




















Since Elvis cannot go outside, we bring him in a little 'Outdoor Food', a pot of wheat grass for him to nibble on...



















Thanks for stopping by, and I have added a camera pic on the right side of my site you can take that will direct you to our main Friday Shoot Out Team Blog (you add it to your layout if so desired), so go on over and visit the other participants!

Next weeks theme is listed over there as well, and that is another fun creative road for us to travel...

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a largely outdoor cat on our street named Elvis, but they do call him in on occasion. Very loudly. And it is very funny to hear.

I have been cutting back on carbs, but I will admit to indulging in Jersey corn. I just couldn't make ice cream. I'd eat it all.~Mary

Sarah Lulu said...

Ohhhhh I want some of those cookies with icecream....right after the bbqed corn.

Barry said...

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! In knew visiting here with a theme like Outdoor Food would make me hungry!

Especially the photos of the corn.

Anonymous said...

My mouth is watering this morning looking at all these delicious photos - feel free to come up to Maine anytime and cook up a storm ;)

Martha said...

Great shootout! :-)

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh my diet is all but shot..wonderful delicious pics!! Sarah

kate sweeten said...

Mmm...I'm dying to go to lunch right now and the shot of those cookies isn't helping :) Great pics!

Unknown said...

Oooohhhh! I love your ice cream maker and the ice cream it's making. Sara Lulu and I are coming over for those cookie treats! mmm!!!! Even Barry is feeling better thinking about the corn cookout. Fabulous post!
You've already started a glorious weekend. Enjoy the rest! =D
"C is for cookie, it's good enough for me!"

GingerV said...

oh my GAWD! honey apple cin. Ice cream. and sweet corn on the grill, I am getting on a jet plane and comming to your house for Sunday lunch....

gigi said...

I want some Honey Apple Cinnamon Custard/Ice Cream right now! Sounds so dreamy, yum. And corn later :)

Carrie said...

I love the first picture of the corn. The colors are beautiful! I love corn on the cob. It is the perfect food.

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

I love it!!!!Can I come over??

Heather S-G said...

LMAO!!! Omg...hubby workin' for his dessert...ha ha ha. I wish I was dancing in a vineyard right now...with a bottle of wine in one hand :D And mmmmm.....corn on the cob!

Gordon said...

You know the meaning of great outdoor food, and how to prepare it. We could be good friends, or even partners. You prepare it. I eat it.

Suburban Girl said...

It all looks delicious...but the homemade ice cream, to die for I'm sure.

Jama said...

I want that ice cream with cookies!

Unknown said...

looks very good! picnics and summertime is just so much fun! I love it!! awesome post.

Unknown said...

Hey ChefE. Thanks for stopping by. The image you asked about are indeed vanilla wafers. They were topped with a cream cheese type pudding mixed with chocolate chips and the almond slices.

Can't wait to hear what you turn them int

Anonymous said...

I love outdoor food.

I don't want summer to end.

Chris said...

Grilled corn = summer to me!

I'm glad you got to have such a great time!

Sandra Leigh said...

Yep - what Chris said. Corn on the cob is the ultimate outdoor food. Lovely photos. Bourbon salmon?