Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Friday Shoot Out- Textures





















Today's Shoot Out was chosen by Linda in Canada... 'Textures'...








'Super 8 Hotel'












Texture is more than something we see, or can touch...







'Vineyard Soil'














Sometimes you see it when you look down, or the terrior around us...






'Princeton'














Texture can be something that creeps upon us...invisible to the naked eye, and sending chills down our spine...










'Historic Farm'














Sometimes we see it and say "Awww"...and what might come from their texture...










'Coming Soon...'














We might pick up a book to see what lay inside from what we have seen on the outside...





'Delaware River'










We have the opportunity to change texture ahead, and behind...













'July 4th Re-inactment'












Back when we wore way too many textures on hot days...








'Cherry BBQ Glaze'













My job...is playing with texture in many and yummy ways...







'Cherry Oatmeal Cookies'











Crunch crunch crunch, and gooey textures we love so much...


If you want to join us in our fun Friday Shoot Out, all you have to do is look for the theme that will be added later, and at the end of this post, so come back and see what was picked for next week! Go check out some of the other posts below...



Patty @ Crisfield News
Rachel @ Rachel's Ramblings
Lulu @ Serendipity LuLu
Science Girl @ Science Girl Traveler
Gigi @ Gigigriffis
J9 @ J9 and Stuff!
Gordon @ Friday Shoot Out
Doreen @ Shoot Out Michigan
GirliChef @ Off Topic
Jama @ Mummy Jam
Chris @ An Instant Out of Time

visit here@FridayShootOut to see just who else you can visit!

Next weeks theme is 'Yard Objects', and that is another fun creative road...

19 comments:

Rachel Cotterill said...

I KNEW you'd mention food texture! :) Love the one with the pan on the wood pile. My post is scheduled for a bit later on.

Jama said...

I swear I can hear the cookies calling for me! lol
A wonderful collection of texture.

Barry said...

Loved your photos. The Princeton mist was very moody. I could feel the chill on the air.

Mind you I could also taste the brandy in the first photo.

gigi said...

I loved all your textures and your comentary to go with it. I had to pull from picture through out the spring and just get them up. Took about 5 of them this week but that was it.
Happy Week End

Natalie said...

Great textures, Elizabeth. Loved the cookies especially.xx♥

Unknown said...

This was not a good blog to hit before breakfast because it is WAY TOO YUMMY! Food has the best textures. That's for sure! I'll go get some and come right back.
Whoops! I'm spilling crums.
Your misty picture of Princeton is very nice. It has a misty morning texture. Coffee would be good now.
Beautiful shoot out. have an awesome weekend!

Anonymous said...

I read once that texture has a soul.
~Mary

Anonymous said...

lovely! nice variety of photos.

aurbie said...

Enjoyed all your photos. I especially liked the wine glass and the cherry photo. Reminded me of cherry coffee.

Nice fabric, too.

Thanks for all your help.

Kerry said...

Cookies, yummm. And that foggy picture is great.

Jeanne Estridge said...

Did you take all those pictures? Wow, you're even better than I realized!

J9 said...

ChefE - Love the cookies (they're making me hungry), the Super 8 iron print on the pattern, which just speaks to me of a motel, and the cast iron pan. Love to cook on cast iron, but don't have much occassion to haul it out!

Chef E said...

Jeanne- I am working on it...learning, but always had an eye for things...maybe never get rich, except in my own tactile ways...

Heather S-G said...

Awesome...great texture interpretation! I got your email, but just got home...worked 13 1/2 hrs today, so I'm beat. I'll talk to ya about it over the weekend if u still want to :D

Sarah Lulu said...

Such interesting textures!

Chele said...

Yum! The mist and that historic farm were great too.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I can never polish my glasses like a pro does. I watch with interest on TV shows when the bar tenders are always polishing their glasses.

What exactly are yard objects? I believe yard means garden in USA? My first reaction was one yard long objects. Then I thought again, it means things in the garden, am I right?

Zaroga said...

What a wonderful array of textures. Great job with the theme. I want a cookie :-)

GigiSxm said...

ok i love your last texture best, yumm!