Sunday, February 15, 2009

Creative Dreams- Vision Board #8
















This was a hard one to name. Creative is not a word many feel they have in them. Maintaining Ideas was another option. I believe we are ALL creative. Maybe some do not have the 'Light Bulb' go off when it happens like the 'Right' brainers, but 'Left' brain'ers do have it in them. I have seen it, and it takes them longer, because they have to add that 'logic' factor into exactly what will transpire...

Creativity comes and goes. I remember the time of having children and through out fourteen years of it I had to 'play' in my creative world from time to time, but I never made anything seriously worthy of recognition. All those soap dishes and candles I gave at Christmas time? Most of them never were seen when I would go for a visit, but I did not stop dreaming up things to do. Be an example for the children...I have seen it in my own son today...so they do watch.

The one most outstanding thing I hung onto...my writing. Once in a while I would get on my future hubby's computer, because I could not afford one being a single mom, and I would start a story from a dream I had the night before. Now and then the computer would crash and all would be lost. Sure we backed things up, but you cannot always tell the moment 'crashing' was going to hit.

After years of raising the kids, working twelve hour days (kids, salon, catering, home) I finally sat down last year and started writing again. My time had come. Early retirement (not as many hours in the week) from my career, kids gone, one on their own now, hubby travels almost weekly, and a new state, and most of my friends live in Texas or MO. I met a wonderful girl named Genifer last year who also is an artist (another dream I always had). Open Mic is going great, so I am surrounded by creative people, and of course here, blogsphere.

Now I write, write, write...ahhhhh, blissful. Not perfect, but blissful!

NOTE: Some ask how I do it, where does my energy come from...well, I learned a long time ago to never sit still and the phrase might be called 'couch potato' or lazy... maybe even non-productive, and if you have ADD (I do not like to label) then your mind is going a mile a minute so don't waist that, because eventually you will get something right...

4 comments:

Debra said...

Funny you mention right brainers and left brainers. My husband and I were JUST talking about that at lunch!

Jeanne Estridge said...

Sounds you're having the same experience that I am -- that you actually are becoming more -- I don't know whether it's creative, or just productive -- as you get older.

Just telling it like it is said...

Did I tell you how much I lub you...
sending you some valentine love

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I'll admit I go and go and then by 8pm I turn into a couch potato! I so need to keep moving then I might have more time for exercise. Yup your vision board is helping me get my butt in gear also! Loves