6 hours ago
Friday, February 13, 2009
Betty Davis Eyes
I am a Bette -- "I must be strong"
Bette's are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective.
How to Get Along with Me
Stand up for yourself... and me.
Be confident, strong, and direct.
Don't gossip about me or betray my trust. -This is a biggy & a No-No to me!
Be vulnerable and share your feelings. See and acknowledge my tender, vulnerable side. -You can tell me anything, and I am a good secret keeper...because I also have been through a lot, so I am a genuine listener and give hugs when needed :)
Give me space to be alone.
Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don't flatter me. -I am a humble perfectionist, lol
I often speak in an assertive way. Don't automatically assume it's a personal attack. -When I am upset I let you know it in a soft spoken voice and apologize before and afterward, lol
When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that's just the way I am.
My hubby will say 'Oh Yeah' to the last one, but no one ever sees me in this mode...I stay up beat and happy in public!
What I Like About Being a Bette
* * being independent and self-reliant
* * being able to take charge and meet challenges head on
* * being courageous, straightforward, and honest
* * getting all the enjoyment I can out of life
* * supporting, empowering, and protecting those close to me
* * upholding just causes -All true!
What's Hard About Being a Bette
* * overwhelming people; scaring them away when I don't intend to -My southern ways...
* * being restless and impatient with others' incompetence -No, I just do it myself...
* * sticking my neck out for people and receiving no appreciation for it
* * never forgetting injuries or injustices -I have learned to get in their face to begin with and then let it go...forgivness
* * putting too much pressure on myself -Geminis are perfectionist!
* * getting high blood pressure when people don't obey the rules or when things don't go right
-No, I just do not sleep well, lol
Bettes as Children Often
* * are independent; have an inner strength and a fighting spirit -I am here...
* * are sometimes loners -Ask me how many trips to Europe I took...Alone!
* * seize control so they won't be controlled -My mom would have told you this!
* * figure out others' weaknesses -I gave that up years ago! Seems militant...
* * attack verbally or physically when provoked -People left me alone in High School, lol
* * take charge in the family because they perceive themselves as the strongest, or grow up in difficult or abusive surroundings -Yes, my father was an alcoholic, and mom mentally ill
Bettes as Parents
* * are often loyal, caring, involved, and devoted -A friend for life!
* * are sometimes overprotective -I have had to learn to let my son make his own mistakes
* * can be demanding, controlling, and rigid -Nope, I am a gentle nudger, lol
So far most of it is right, but I did grow up watching my surroundings to figure out how 'to do it the right way' by watching others make mistakes, since I did not have parents to show me and support me through my own. Also, I tend to back down to keep the peace...so, I am a fighter in the good sense, if there is a good cause...
I used to hate being the dark red head girl in the middle of all the blonde's, but then realized it just meant I stand out in a quirky sort of way, lol