Monday, June 20, 2011

My Sister Is Coming, My Sister Is Coming!!!

















In normal times this would be alarming, at least for hubby. It means his house will be over taken with bad joke jokes, the smell of comfort foods he would prefer not to eat, more (extra!) empty wine bottles, and many other shenanigans over the course of a few months. But its the price he has to pay to have me in his life. He can deal with it. I have not seen her since Christmas, nor has she been here for four years. Time to party Sista!

I have some fun things in store for her, of some I will not tell her, just let her jaw drop when we arrive. You too will find out soon enough. I will be sharing.

I am a bit envious when Farmlady posts about her and the sisters travels and adventures together, but I now get my chance. I miss my daughter and the chance to have female family bonding time, but I am grateful there was a little sister in my life. Turning 50 this past week now gives me an "I'm older, so listen to me" advantage, so we shall see how I can work that one in. Oh am I feeling devious. Wait till she sees the sign I made to hold up at the airport!

Just you wait Miss Poo Poo- Red Legs- Pineapple Top- There's that drive in theater I have been talking about! (long story, but each title has one)

Oh and that long hair she is supporting above- Gone! I am cutting it off to donate it to a cancer group...she complains her neck always hurts...I wonder why...

4 comments:

farmlady said...

Well it seems that Farmlady doesn't have to feel bad about making you want to see your sister and do thing with her anymore.
SHE"S COMING... and it sounds like you've got your "I'm the big sister." pants on.
Have fun and let us all know what happens.
Cute picture.....

Chef E said...

he he Mrs. C- yes I am excited, two more days! She did not have a good weekend, troubles with her own brood, so I am hoping to help her forget the troubles and kick our heels up!

Toon said...

It's cool you actually like your sister. I have two that I haven't been in touch with for five years -- it's for the best.

Chef E said...

Toon- that is my brother, and the other four siblings from my mom's first marriage...so much drama on that end...