Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Before the Death of my Nikon Coolpix




















My camera brought me a joy I had never know with any other camera- well I never owned one before...

























I expressed beauty through an art to which...I called my own...endless forms for which I am now addicted...


















I found myself on the level of things I had ignored since childhood- like laying in the grass, pretending to be small like the insects, and small creatures who roam before dawn...things began to awaken and touch me...then my camera failed me. Blitzing out, the screen went fuzzy with green, white, and gray, then I decided to replace my Nikon with a new camera.

These are just a few of my last times spent with the retired camera. You will be glad to know hubby has it. We were told it had a few days left for wine bottle label photos, but it could no longer go on the road with me again. Lonely it sits in hubby's office. I fear if it survives his clutter and over crowded space in that 10x10 room just to the right of climbing the stairs. Peace be with you old friend...

1 comment:

Toon said...

This is how I felt about my Fujica 35mm from way back when you had to buy film for cameras and get it developed. It was an excellent camera and made me look like a good photographer.