Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Mask of Lies














I am upset. I cannot give the details but someone I know and love has not grown up the way I had thought. They have cheated. They are living a lie. Normally I can move on, but this is bugging me. I thought I had nipped this in the bud when I told them I wanted nothing to do with them calling me sharing their fantasies a while back.

How can we think we know someone but in actuality they are living a lie. Not the virtuous person we thought them to be? No integrity what so ever. Only a guilty conscious hiding behind a nice smile. And wanting to share their cloud like feelings with people knowing the other person involved will be let down so hard, hurting so deeply.

I am so disappointed. I'm crying for the other person in this situation. I cannot tell you how many times I have witnessed or myself been hurt by cheating. Things are never good in the end.

My hope is that they realize what they are doing is wrong and make it right. Right? By telling the other person involved what they are truly feeling and end it before things get really messy. Messy? Yes, in the worst way.

I am about to un-friend this person for life over this.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Thinking of you, sweet Elizabeth, and praying too. Someone put you in a horrible place and themselves too.
long distance hugs . . .

dash deringer said...

here's what you do - step back and do not get yourself involved. Remove yourself out of their equation - meaning do not speak to either one of them, do not be friendly, and make absolutely no attempt to contact either on of them. You have been put in a position you neither asked to be in or deserve to be in by someone you thought of as a friend and another friend is going to get hurt... you are also going to be made to feel bad for not coming forward to begin with... trust me... get yourself out... if person number two asks you why are distant simply say for them to ask "so and so..." and when they find out they will come back angry... they will be angry at whomever brings the bad news anyway... after one of my brothers divorced his alcoholic wife he asked me why I never said anything to him about her...I said "you were in love and you would not have listened to me..." he responded - "you're right..."

Chef E said...

Thanks guys, I had to vent. It has been tearing me up all day. It is hard to watch someone you care about stumble. Even I stumble at times.

Peace

Pearl said...

yeah, it's stressful to watch someone we care about in pain or distress.

to stumble is human, and relative. we're all trying to make all these unreconcilables reconcile, hide 9/10 of everything.

we get to better places or worse places by hard spots en route.