Monday, October 31, 2011

Another October Fly By


















Where is the time going? I am sort of glad we were not home for Halloween. The past two years only two or three kids even came around our neighborhood. Hubby buys bags of candy, and then we end up eating it for a few days, then I take it and give it away.

While we were on Jeju (known as the Honeymoon Island in Korea) we had the opportunity to visit a place I dare not post on facebook, because hubby's family might be offended. Since this is TMI, I get to post a few pics over here. The place is called Loveland. They are stuck in the 1950's era as far as relationship thinking over here, or so we have been told by local twenty something friends of my son and his girlfriend.

They meet the opposite sex by introduction, no public display of affection, they get engaged after a long courtship, unless they get pregnant, which we were told happens at least fifty percent of the time, rarely divorce, and visit a Love Motel for some privacy. Because many families all live together, due to affordable housing and lack of money. But....and there is always a but.

For some reason they have to parks where sex is openly displayed- Loveland and Penis Park. Go figure...

Okay, so far I have spared you the racy sculpture pictures. And hubby took lots and lots of them, why? Who knows. Well, here goes...I will share...just one racy picture...
















Shocking right?

I RACED to get in this swing with hubby. The park was crowded.

This is one pose we have not been in for a long while.

We are not sure what the sign above us said in Korean, but I am almost certain it may say 'Suckers'...for love that is.

Here is a sneak peak at their idea of art...























A giant mechanical...something or another...

I am also pretty sure whatever it is does not lift off or take man to the moon...or could it?

4 comments:

Jeanne Estridge said...

Fascinating--and it looks like you're getting a lot better weather there than you are here!

Anonymous said...

That first "shot" is very funny.

Suckers for love isn't such a bad thing...good, actually.

Toon said...

I actually kind of dig art like that...but I usually don't want to even her what it "means".

Jim K. said...

wild wide world

just from the western view,
i suppose

hindu art can be interesting..
not any 'family instructions'
on western temples