Monday, August 30, 2010

A confession...about WAMPP




















Should I, or shouldn't I? Okay I have to get this off my chest-

I made a comment on JC's blog about how one day she will release a few little JC Jr's out into the world- it took me into how... I thought by taking on an assistant/intern so to speak for WAMPP, or at least I thought there would be a mini-E who would learn the ropes of event planning. 'They' wanted, or seem to want the knowledge. Someone from the very beginning said they were okay with all the work we had to do for the 'big' day (reason for little letters).

Believe me, I am nice enough to ask them all the time if they were okay. I am not a bitch at all. I would never ask anyone to do something I would NOT do myself! Oh yes, we had this other person on board who does events all the time, (another) 'they' had all this stuff for us- volunteers, tents, blah blah blah. They sure came through for us, uh huh!? Okay won't go there, since I repeat myself below...

The first 'they' were fine, did all the computer work they promised, seemed excited as me about the whole event...the day came...SURE we had low attendance, but it all went off well for just TWO of us doing the whole damn organizing, or should I say 'me' putting everything into play.

'They' have been so smug since it ended, no 'Thank You', just complaining! I decided to cut the ties. If 'they' think they did a great job...please...where were the tents, volunteers, and artist you said were confirmed. Grow Up 'They'. Thank god I am not a twenty something year old...oh goodness, which segway's into the latest #1 son vent- My twenty three year old son!

With his "Hey mom, someone side swiped the (the second of two I have let him borrow, well he did make one installment on his payment plan) truck while I was sleeping over at Andi's". Only a year after the other car was totaled (so not his fault either times, geez), and in the same breath he adds, "I am going to Korea for a year with my barely three month old relationship person, and in three months". "Oh and don't worry, I am going to go to school while I am there" he added. An hour of me going on about all the risks, his good job, and do not sell your belongings 'I bought you for college'.

In spite the fact I have the luxury of having three cars is beside the point- Here I will explain further- I have a catering van, of which I am using for camping and hauling WAMPP equipment now, then there is my first brand new bought and paid for of six years (someone hit him from behind and smashed it's butt in), and then the truck my dad left me when he past (low mileage GMC truck for which I loved, because it brought out the inner dyke in me), but as time goes on... I totally understand why my parents NEVER helped me financially. Let me fall out of the nest.

Daddy wanted me to be independent and learning the hard way- will stick to your ribs like my barbecue kind of parenting. Okay they were also winging it themselves not having good parenting.

If I had time to make this into a funnier piece, I would have, but my phone is ringing off the hook, I have rehearsal Wednesday, and am trying to write tonight...I am laughing, I always laugh. Distractions help you forget why you wanted to be distracted in the first place.

Okay, now I feel so much better...on to the keyboard to do some serious, and more entertaining writing!

3 comments:

Bagman and Butler said...

Actually this seems pretty funny as it is but that is mainly because I showed up after not keeping up and don't have a clue what is going on. I'm pretty sure there are three cars and maybe a dented truck involved and one of them is going to Korea and someone is slapping you playfull on the head. But I'm glad you got it off your chest.

Just telling it like it is said...

Sometimes you just got to get it off your chest! It's okay!!!

Jessie Carty said...

Sometimes you do just have to vent!!