Thursday, July 1, 2010

Is Deep Purple In The House!!!
























No they were not, but thank gosh Flora had ear plugs, and enough for us all!

This band took me back to my tweens, music I was not allowed to listen to, but friends did, Yeah, my parents only played Johnny Cash and other country music, since they had control of the radio- these guys look and sounded like they are still playing off the alcohol and drugs they did back then. They were good, but too loud for a 'diner' open mic. Someone was carted out on a gurney, we still are not sure what happened back there, LOL!

My new (I know I attract them, but no poems about this guy) buddy the massage therapist here reminded me of Chong- "Hey Man"- somebody smokin something in the parking lot? Everyone was great, and it was all good!

The band- they're last song of the set...'What's that smell...oh oh oh what's that smell'






















This was the most FAR OUT Open Mic I have ever attended in Jersey- Now I understand why North and South Jersey are so separate...

We have been rehearsing after my guitar lessons, so I did read my Silk Stockings poem with Flora playing a jazzy and sultry trumpet, and we got a big 'woo hoo' ovation for more, so I read my two diner pieces- I just keep wanting to say PEACE,  COOL, LOVE MAN, and all the other 60's lingo.

The Spanish teacher from Mexico was a little bee bop for this crowd tonight...Just Sayin' blogger Diary...

3 comments:

Toon said...

Not my scene or style of music, but I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Chef E said...

I was more 'amused' at it, than enjoying it! I felt like I had stepped back in time, and that was not a great time for me back then.

Jessie Carty said...

I've been thinking of trying to start an open mic at a local wine bar tips?