Wednesday, January 27, 2010

FSO- Up/Down Your Town

Everyone is so good, so creative in their interpretations of our weekly topics that I almost was lazy and didn't write anything about it. This topic was originally suggested by Sara Lulu but because she no longer participates, I couldn't ask her to write something for us and I liked the suggestion so much I just took it as ours.
So here goes my ideas on this topic for our towns ....

Look down at your feet, at the surface where they walk. Look back, back the way they came and where they go.

Look up, above your head. What can you see? How is it protected? What lights your days and your nights, on the path that you walk?

This topic brings so much to mind I will probably have trouble settling on one thing - just this week I have noticed designs in the tiles in the front of stores, floors that are wood and some that are bare concrete - designs are so distinctively Brasil - we'll see you on Friday. -GingerV

Okay, you guys are used to my artistic sense of adventure and interpretation. I got asked to video an very lovely and talented singer/songwriter Flora Newberry. She teaches music as a prestigious school in downtown Princeton. She needed a video for her father's 70th birthday, since all the siblings were sending that to him this year. I said "It's sunny outside lets go to one of my favorite spots. I just wrote a poem about it, and I always felt Princeton Battlefield Monument would make a great back drop for my directorial debut one day.

Ha! We get there and the sun is gone, and we are very very cold, but the show must go on! I used it for my 'Look Up, Look Down' theme as well.



















































Here is my perspective with sound- sung by Flora Newberry...




You know how tomatoes go, you look on the ground and figure this is a good spot to plant them. Then before you know it your looking up at a beautiful plant, then you want to eat'em!


Home Grown Tomatoes Song Written by Guy Clark, but popularized through singing by John Denver- Video directed and filmed by E Stelling (always wanted to see that somewhere)...


Thank you for stopping by and you can go check out more My Town Friday Shoot Out Members...

24 comments:

farmlady said...

Looking up/looking down..., I like this idea. Maybe I will do a post on it with pictures from my camera..., and possibly a poem.
Is that all right? Can I "steal" an idea?

Heather said...

I really like your header!! And this was a fun post. The song brings a smile :)

I keep forgetting about the Muse Mondays until midweek...I suppose I can catch up when I remember??

shabby girl said...

Oh yes, you are so creative. Too bad about the sun, but it turned out well anyway!

Bagman and Butler said...

And Happy Birthday to your Dad as well! Great post, great song...I even loved the wind blowing your hair and through the microphone. What fun!

Chef E said...

I am sure Flora will appreciate your compliment... I was filming, but the wind was blowing me over into the grass, LOL, and funny how we did not know the wind had such an influence on the tiny mic on my camera; until I edited it!

GingerV said...

how wonderful, the song and the sharing of it. I didn't realize that I am old enough to be your mother.... I guess I am old enough to be everyones mother.... good job missy.

Kerry said...

Nothin' like home-grown tomatoes!

Gordon said...

You are a home grown girl, Elizabeth, and an original! Loved the diversion.

Jama said...

I love your creative take on this week's theme!

Sarah Sullivan said...

Whoot how fun is that!!! I loved your video..how cool..director E!!
I love your header too..beautiful..makes me feel right at home! Hugs, Sarah

~JarieLyn~ said...

I love the header too. What a great b-day gift for Flora's dad. Too bad the wind was blowing so much. Nice video though.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Guy Clark obviously never grew a tomamto plant before.

If only they are so easy, you will be cooking a lot of tomatoes. LOL

Is the weather picking come yet?

I am back in New Zealand, my husband just left on a month's overseas assigment, I have ten more days on hols, is there any food item you like me to look up for you?

Harold said...

Very creative post :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
--Harold
myworldthruthelens.blogspot.com

Suburban Girl said...

New career? Great debut!

Chef E said...

Ha Rebecca- I have enough of a career just being 'E'!

dash deringer said...

I like it - the song and the video.
Are you using the software I told you about? there are sound filters in it that can help reduce noise and enhance the song, plus a lot of special effects features but that was a good job - I love overcast days... it is always good lighting - for me at least - but you know I do everything in black and white

Barry said...

Your header was terrific.

Forget cooking, watch out American Idol, here comes ChefE.

spiritsoflena said...

Very cute song!

J9 said...

Great take on this week's theme!

GingerV said...

so I am another one of 'those', the ones that blow quickly through, their minds on cooking dinner, or why is the dog barking, or am I ever going to get all my programs working - and don't really pay attention to what I am saying.... accept my apology. I went back and read your poem - it very much evokes a 'photo shot' of your special place. I have a place like that will tell you soon about it.... hugs from Brasil

RedLan said...

I enjoyed the photos and the video. Thanks for sharing ChefE. Keep up the great job.

Just telling it like it is said...

did I tell you I am planting tomatoes again this year!!Oh I can't wait!!

jessie carty said...

so funny that you posted about this. i actually had some photo blogs for a while that were all about what was up and what was down. i deleted them as i tried to streamline all the blogs and such i had but they were quite fun :)

Patience-please said...

What fun! I got my weeks mixed up and did Circles. So this week I'll do looking up and down.

Oh, it's a little bit cruel to tease us with home grown tomatoes in the deep-freeze of February; or is it a kind reminder of the good things to come?