Monday, October 8, 2012

And here she is...

Jessie Carty in all her cuteness!























On my way back to New Jersey I stopped in on a few people I had wanted to meet in person. Food bloggers are on my other site. My sister in law picked a place in an area of NC called NoDa, short for North Davidson. A place where they have begun rebuilding it into an artsy fartsy area, and we ate dinner at Amelies, a French bistro. Was yummy!

Jessie saw me outside and said she wasn't sure she would know who I was, but we both squealed with delight face to face. I discovered we both were also fighting colds or whatever we have. We are truly twins in so many ways, well we say we are. She is delightful to talk with. Conversation flowed and flowed! My sis in law teaches med school, so they related to teaching period. We all did.

As for other news, and I know life doesn't always go as we hope it would...my sister has decided not to speak with me, or has washed her hands of me as she said. She was mad because I spent two nights with her and went off with other friends for the other four days. I had picked up my (my side of the story anyways) son's truck to drive back and found it to need repairs and no AC. It was hot and not a pleasant ride for going back and forth to include her in activities. As well as a almost two hour drive to her place from my friends out north of Dallas; my sister lives way south east of Dallas. She doesn't work and could not contribute to gas if I did. Oh and no car either. She is on disability for some reason, and all her money goes into the house she shares.

I don't have time for this stuff. Negative jealousy is stupid. I love her and she can say all she wants about me, but I believe it boils down to jealousy of my happy home life and other things. I cannot wallow in what is not there. So be it. My family life growing up was not good and as a result the siblings don't speak. Now we won't. I am here if she decides to let things go. But it may be for the best we put some space in between talking. It was taxing me when she called every single day, and if I did not answer like this last time, she would call my husband at work. I don't call her boyfriend. I would never.

Sorry to add that drama to meeting Jessie. I am back in counseling and will move on.

Which brings me to something else. My book with Pasquale will be coming out soon. I got an email from the publisher. Finally. Turns out some details have to be worked out, but I am patient. Uh really.

My hubs did give me a scare. He took himself to the emergency room Saturday, about an hour from my return. I freaked, because he thought he was having a heart attack. High blood pressure and a panic attack. Thank goodness we are going on vacation (I get two!) soon- Hawaii for two weeks. He needs the rest, doctors orders. I love him and want him around longer. Giving him lots of rest and relaxation here at home. I teased him and said he just can't take me being gone anymore. He misses what we have when I am home. I am truly loved by both of my men. Yes, my son is doing so great these days, as he is maturing into the man I always knew him to be.

Peace to you all and hugs....and enjoy life while you can!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have wanted to post something like this on my site and you have given me an idea. Cheers.

Pearl said...

that's a lot of excitement for a short period of time. glad your hubby didn't have anything more serious and that your book is getting ready to roll.