Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Seriously, A Good Laugh























My dreams are just way to crazy for reality. Many of them I begin short stories, or poems, if I can make sense of them. Are yours? I guess we are concerned with unspoken things sitting in our frontal lobes. Right, well wait till you read this short-

Groggy I lift my head up from the pillow to see the sun has come through Wednesday morning, drying up our stormy Tuesday mess. I notice my husband's closet door is shut and the pathway past his elliptical trainer is clear of his shoes and cloths. I shrug it off and walk out to the bathroom where I find a sparkling clean clutter free room as well. Again I shrug my shoulders and think nothing of it. Pulling on my jeans there is still evidence of water on the bell bottom edges. I have lost weight over the past months and because they constantly fall lower than meant to be worn levels- the back bottoms are dragging on the ground, causing some unraveling to occur. This is a fashion statement my son has told me, so I continue to put myself together. There seems to be an urgency to get out of the house. Going down the first set of the staircase I begin to notice no paper work along the edges. Our system of sending paper work from downstairs to the office.

Going around the curve I begin to see more evidence of a extraordinarily cleaner house than me or my husband are concerned with; unless we are having a dinner party. I begin to hear a vacuum cleaner to my left; its in the living room area, and the back door seems to be open due to sensing a cool breeze. There is an short and bald African American man in a black leather jacket and jeans cleaning my floor. He nor I are not too puzzled, I tell him I have to go out and will be back later. I linger long enough to notice he has picked up my iron from the closet. I quickly dot out the front door. Cutting across our small condo lawn to the neighbors house it seems things have quickly turned into a need to let someone know a stranger has broken into my condo. My neighbor has approached his front door and walked right through me. Did he not see me? The police are now around the condo, but the man vacuuming is gone. Strange feelings are taking over and then I hear my neighbor tell his wife a man has been reported to break into homes, clean house, and then kill the residence.

I soon find myself in a store front looking out onto the street and I see a shadow of a man from behind me, he has red glowing eyes...

Hope you enjoyed this, as I told my friend Randi what I dreamed she laughed- I got up this morning and first thing was look to see if I had cleaned house in my sleep! Nope, my days chores are staring me down as we speak! Have a great day- Chef E

2 comments:

Jeanne Estridge said...

A laugh for the strangeness of it....

farmlady said...

Interesting. Don't you wonder what this all meant?
This seems to be a dream with a lot of anxiety and Freud says that anxiety is a reaction to danger. If that's the case. Be careful.