Thursday, December 17, 2009

Another Fight

Not the cat fight that men would like to see, but I have had this irritating puddle of mystery water in front of my stove for the past month.

I clean it up, and move on.

I spend a lot of time moving on.

My allergies are affecting my mood, and my eyesight.

My eyesight is getting worse.

The eye doctor could not give me an exact 'lights out' ETA.

I knew it was coming.

Being born blind can have its advantages.

Being born half blind sucks.

My mind however...is questionable.
















Sometimes we only see part of a picture.



















We step back,  and then we see more.





















Today, this is what I see.


I told my landlord that a woman my age going through menopause could tear out the cabinet and linoleum quick in comparison to the plumber that is coming over.

I would save him money, so he could put money back into my kitchen.

He decided it was best for me to leave it to a less emotional and more professional demolition team member.

I cannot imagine a plumber not having a bottle of cheap whiskey stashed in his truck for those less than pleasant moments alone with back up sewage pipes.

Maybe being blind is not an issue for me after all.

My sense of humor remains intact.

1 comment:

Suburban Girl said...

A sense of humor will take you far and so will the flask of whiskey ;)