Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I've Returned






















Yes, hubs and I just returned from a wonderful trip (we drove) to Niagara Falls. Was so romantic.

It is our 16th, and we still are as crazy about each other as the first years, which we knew each other two before that, and as friends. That in our opinion is the best way to begin.

Sometimes you see romantic movies where friends realize "Why aren't we in a romantic relationships?", sometimes they slip up, but in the end they always come back together.

We had some slip ups along the way. He thought I was too strict on my children (I made Aaron cry himself to sleep one night, but you should have seen what he did), and shortly after we brought them kids into the relationship as his step-kids Anelisa passed away; it was a rough ride after that until I came out of the fog of grief, but we made it.

He and I are best friends. We tell each other everything. Laughter is at the root of our friendship and love, he makes me laugh daily, and I the same for him. Most of all we adore each other and he has always insisted we kiss at every moment possible, good morning, good-bye, hello again, and good-night. Sweets is what I call him, and he calls me Pumpkin.

Okay enough goo-goo ga-ga-ga. The room (above is night with falls lit up) he book on the Canadian side was WOW! The view out the window after room 30 was WOW! They were suites, so we had a new blogging and FB friend and her husband meet us their. We served them cocktails and nibbles before going to dinner.

Great times, and I always love meeting new on-line friends...


No comments: