Friday, February 6, 2009

Vision Board #2- Relationship

October 11th, 1997 I asked my friend Robert if he wanted to go to a wedding with me in Boston. He was working in New Hampshire at the time, and said he was only an hour away.

Two years prior to that he came in my salon for a hair cut as a walk in...walk in's...2 out of six actually keep coming back...I guess he decided there was something about this quirky red head that he liked.

We would run into each other out at events, and he always was going to do the coolest things after getting his hair done, and I liked him as a person.

Having those good friendly qualities lead me to think that he would be fun to hang with, and that turned out to be a good instinct. After the wedding was over he wanted to show me P-Town, and Martha's Vineyard. We went to dinner at Le'toile, but previously had gone to another upscale place in Boston, Hamerly's Bistro. He introduced me to fine wine and dining, and how a real gentleman treats a woman. That was all she wrote...we have been together since...

This view is out of the room in the Martha Vineyards hotel and reminds me of the storms that we have weathered through over the coarse of twelve years...teenagers...deaths...tears...lost friendships...anger...misgivings...forgotten birthday cards...no thank yous for all the fabulous meals I have cooked...growing bellies...laughter...

I plan on making him proud by moving forward and being a better person and friend for him, and that is why I am sure he fell in love with me to begin with...I am a strong and hardworking red head!

4 comments:

3 Magpies said...

I love your vision board concept!

Debra said...

That is so great! My hubby and I started out as friends. I met him when I was working at the bank and he just kept showing up at my window. That was almost 14 years ago. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your relationship building. I think it's a great thing to work on and give a little focus.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Now that is a love story! Look at us 3 girls out started out as friends with our hubbies. Mine was a bouncer at a bar that my girlfriends hung out at. I always would stand outside to avoid the smoke and we became friends 4 years later we got married and along 6 years and here we are :).

Love ya girls, and love the board!