Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Charity- Vision Board #5

Do you packed up used items around the house and leave at the drop box? Can you find your self in spite of the annoying bell ringing at Christmas time able to drop those coins into that bucket? I bet when the girl scouts ring your door bell you do not turn away? How much of that money really goes to help or charity? Most of it goes onto our waist, and have you heard that they are cutting back the amount in the box, but the price will stay the same?

Onto the real issue at hand...What is Charity? Definitions are varied with most words, and here is what is found under this category...

-a foundation created to promote the public good (not for assistance to any particular individuals)
-a kindly and lenient attitude toward people
-an activity or gift that benefits the public at large

We can clearly see that Charity is not just limited to giving away material things that we can touch, but the giving of ourselves can be considered a just cause...

When we give a part of ourselves we find a part of our self. First in honesty, and then self discovery as things start to fall into place. This has become important to me because I want to one day raise money to support other charities for heart related issues that affected me through my daughter's illness.

This is the first 'want' on my vision board that reflects an actual material and mental focus for me. I decided to put these things closer to the bottom because I am finding I desire material possessions less and less as I get older.

'HeartAppeal' will develop as it is meant to play out in the future...

LawOfAttractionUpdate: The twin friends from my childhood that I mention in the past two posts have contacted me and apologized for not being there in the way we think friends should, and I honestly told them that if we were to continue...Honestly will only be accepted, even if it is something I might not want to hear, I can handle it.

5 comments:

Debra said...

What a wonderful post! I love it!

Just telling it like it is said...

your such a wonderful person...
Your daughter touches my heart...
Hugs

bernthis said...

this is exactly why I volunteer at a hospital nearby. you can't match the feeling. I agree, I too just want less and less and I get older and it is such a relief

Anonymous said...

How well stated that is! I have found the very same things as I get older; things just don't matter like they used to.

Anonymous said...

Great post.

Very honest.