Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cast Iron Tempo- Poetry Chapbook















This is #9 on my Vision Board- My plans have always been to publish a poetry chapbook; which is a small 50 poetry pocket reader. You have read a sample of one poem, but here is one that I do with a 'funny' Texas accent...

CAST IRON TEMPO©

I woke up this morning

and realized …

I can get heated up

like a- B I G B O W L

of slowwwww cooked

thick and rich

tasty- red beans

topped off with

crunchy- small cut onions

fragrant- chopped cilantro

hot, spicy- freaking’ jalapeƱo

but I hope these words do not send you running to the medicine cabinet
and reach for the tums, before you have…

a fresh piece of my

hot and buttery- Cornbread

sliced right out of my

Cast Iron Tempo

© E, 6/2008


ON FIRE

Four in the morning
Risen to the rooster
Coffee and biscuits on the stove
This Texas poet ready to hit my 'New' Jersey roads
Mountains and kitchens to rise up with my burning desires
Work and rant until this freaky chef puts out the fires

- E, 2008 ©

5 comments:

Just telling it like it is said...

I like it especially the music...

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Yum makes me want to go cook up some food! Your words always are so moving! The book is not far away I just know it!

Anonymous said...

I hope you achieve your goal.

Anonymous said...

You are completely well-rounded with your talent! Unreal!

Debra said...

Honey, that made me hungry!