Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hampton Bays Sunset


















What a wonderful Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday. Of course from the photo there was no black involved. It was a glorious beautiful sunny Friday. We did do some brief shopping and took hubby's step mom Valerie out for a drive in my new car. See the great sunset we caught on the way back to her house. The inlet can be a fabulous stop for a maple walnut ice cream fix.

Mom Val and I bought Christmas decorations, and I helped her get a door wreath lit and up. I will post when ours go up. Been a long time I felt like celebrating, but after I planted more mums out front and added a few garden friends around the porch, I got caught up in the joy of it all.

Hubby and I had a fabulous time with the whole Stelling family and beyond Thursday. I am the luckiest girl to have married into such a wonderful family. I am blessed period. We hope you all had a great holiday weekend.

We are relaxing, some lamb and cabbage stew is on the stove, movies in the DVD player and a glass of wine is next to us. Maybe even some poetry lines are reeling around my head right now.

(Photo above is Hampton Bays Sunset taken and property of Robert J. Stelling with his new Nikon camera)

North Winds

Spirits of years gone by
stand together
there on the pier
see them, their love
set the sky ablaze

loss settles across her waters
still and cold, after September rolls through
cool sand is swept back out 
footprints disappear from the beach
shadows wave good bye as they take flight

I stopped long enough
to make sense of pain
yearning burned into memory
we always had a good time, in those
long walks along these shores.

For Robert John Stelling, Sr. and the love of his life Valerie Bunda...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When it is working, the inclusiveness of family is glorious.

That picture is all quiet consolation to me. ~Mary

Jim K. said...

very fine poem there..
great sound, thought, pruning