Monday, November 5, 2012

Time to pack up and go...

























A comment from Dash made me realize all good things come to an end at some point. We can't be on vacation forever. Work is calling hubs and me back to Jersey. I also want to get busy with volunteering with Hurricane Sandy this and that's. It has bothered me that many of my friends and family aren't doing so great while I am sipping pinacoladas by the beach and pool. Although we haven't been doing that everyday. Hawaii is so much more complicated than that. I will say there was a bit of disappointment when I began traveling around the big island and saw lava lava lava exposed in so many areas. But I am glad I got to experience the adventure in the first place. Grateful for all I have and experiences.

Hope peace is filling your minds and days...

Oh and Farmlady, the goats (feral and domesticated) here are fabulous. They have had a problem with feral goats eating all the greenery and have eradicated the numbers over the years, but they are adorable if you can catch sight of them eating off the Kohala side, which we did yesterday on the way back to Hilo. There were two silver crossing the road the first few days we were here and it seemed odd to me, so I even wrote my own Hawaiian Legend after telling it on Halloween to my friends here in Hilo. So here is the first draft...

Legend of the Silver Goats of Kohala's Lava Desert

     taken down for revision and submissions...

This is just a first draft I quickly researched and wrote, will work on a 1,000 flash version for submitting.

No comments: