Monday, February 4, 2013

White February























And January tales...

It took my friend a few minutes to get this shot. Hands and camera can melt them fast.

I was gone for a week, did you miss me? Uh huh!

The reunion with my New Orleans family was a good one. The funeral brought on sadness. Grandmother Glenda looked nothing like I remembered. We did sit and go through photos and that was the woman I remembered from my youth.

The hardest part of the trip was trying to explain why we lost contact. Leda Faye told me her mother called my mom often. They just did not realize her decline into mental illness and my father's having Parkinson with dementia. How we were never allowed to get into their business, or told anything. Never the less we had a good time.

I will post some photos of the plantation I stayed. No haunting, the ghosts gave me peace and quiet. Maybe they new my poetry voice was barking loudly each morning and I needed sleep.

Till another day...

No comments: