Thursday, December 31, 2009

FSO- Under Construction

Poetry, road Blocks
5 AM Morning run
Under Construction deadlines
Fueled by confusion
End of year decisions

Pesty Father Time, and baby son...
















[My first thought- Gordon, they have started companies now?]

Don’t like the signs
As it may be
They are ties that bind
Eye to eye
Human reality
Snow filled pot holes

Blinding to those unkind...


















Time heals on every turn
On that old track
So they say, we make
Oceans to my left

Cold winds on my back...


















[Sorry guys, could not resist, and Laura thought it was funny! Creativity in unusual ways...]


Popcicle stick wax stains
Mile for mile
Painted Lady autumn toes
Fierce muslin rag pain
another half a year gone
Fire and ice, women pay the price...

Worth every smile...












Back on the road
Drove, and drove
Know what was found
Only beauty; no road blocks
Mingled with mindless construction

Underpaid workers rearranging mounds of water...













Forty nine next June
All will seem a blur
New Jersey roads
frozen Millstone Pond
Cat tail memory

Road side photos will stir...



















Planes leaving Newark
Heard passing overhead
Maybe someones last flight
Mom and Dad are gone
Mesquite, tumble weed
Cactus, ground cover plunder

Once said their daughter was contrite...











Words, energy to burn
Time to make another pass
Round and round it goes
Snow fall stumbles
Scribbles, love attacks

Only reminiscing around the old track...

Thanks for coming over to my part of the world, and sharing in my 'Under Construction' and Friday Shoot Out... See you next week...

19 comments:

Pauline said...

Ummm....you just make me wish to be wildly imaginative and creative! Your interpretation of the topic just rocks, girl. Happy New Year!

Jama said...

You certainly have ways with words! Love your interpretation too.

Kerry said...

Crazy fun take on this year's first theme! Happy New Year!

NanU said...

Magnificent!
Have a happy new Year.

Bagman and Butler said...

Wow! I am glad to have ended up here. There is such a creative freedom and dance between images and words. I really like the way the parts come together, but loosely. Very very original and cool.

Anonymous said...

Very creative. I have spent some time in New Jersey. Had family there. Happy New Year to you and yours.
QMM

Unknown said...

Your poem and pictures are so bright and fun! Pauline is right. Imagination and creativity are flowing in New Jersey. No construction is necessary. How inspiring!
We hope you are able to cook up a very healthy and joyously Happy New Year!

With love, from Barry and Linda

GingerV said...

I am in agreement with all the comments above. I enjoyed your poetry very much. and the photos of course.

sometimes I wish I weren't so literal - so boring.

spiritsoflena said...

Love it! Very creative and fun to read. Hope your New Year is wonderful and that 2010 is a great year for you!

Jeanne Estridge said...

49 next June???

Baby.

(Love some of the sound bits in this one -- "ground cover plunder.")

Unknown said...

very creative and a fun post!

happy new year!!

RedLan said...

Great photos @Chef E especially the newly polished feet! I love it. Happy New Year!

aurbie said...

What a wonderful post. You put a lot of time and thought into this. I admire that, especially with all the holiday events.

Happy New Year!

Gordon said...

You were at your best, Elizabeth. I wish everyone would have a chance to meet you, like I did. Have a great new year, my friend!

Just telling it like it is said...

I'm not even going to tell you what I thought those toes were at first! Happy new year!!

Chris said...

I likes the "moving mounds of water" line, interesting perspective I hadn't considered.

Gordon said...

Could I become a spy in that bug company? Just, good for business!

J9 said...

Great post ChefE!

Jessie Carty said...

really love this one :)

Forty nine next June
All will seem a blur
New Jersey roads
frozen Millstone Pond
Cat tail memory